Watch out for the bizarre pillaging of The Intro & The Outro by The Bonzo's in this epic from his everythingANDthekitchensink masterpiece Polnareff's.
I imagine, meanwhile, that on hearing of N.I.C.W., Ariane would have gotten herself all excited and danced around in a circle chanting "Ice Cream, Ice Cream, Moi je n'aime que l'ice cream" until she felt so queasy she couldn't stomach even the tiniest scoop of cold, creamy goodness**.
[image source: Bide & Musique]
But isn't it strange how they both opted for the anglophone and not the francophone?
Here are a few of my favourite places to buy ice cream (in no particular order)
- Fusciardi's, Eastbourne - try the 'Moonraker' sundae.
- Marocco's, Hove - a multitude of homemade flavours, try the chilli chocolate or the boozy tiramisu.
- Di Pola's, Hastings - possibly the softest gelato I've ever had the pleasure of eating.
- Amorino, Paris - try as many flavours as you can fit in a cone and they will arrange them like the petals of a flower.
- Berthillon, Paris - everything from Irish Coffee to Earl Grey Tea. A scoop of pear and a scoop of their ultra-rich chocolate works well.
- Fennochio Glacier, Nice - over 50 flavours including some odd ones like Cactus, Black Olive, Tomato & Basil, Thyme.
*on closer inspection it seems to be very much a sponsored event, and not very 'National' at all
**does that sound dirty and wrong?