Tuesday 29 May 2012

Je Ne Vois Que Vous

The first time I heard this song, I thought: hmmm, that sounds just like Laetitia Sadier from Stereolab.

The second time I heard it, I thought: what a lovely piece of jangly, summery indie-pop

The third time, I thought: wow, that kind of high-fidelity production could be the stamp of Bertrand Burgalat.

So here is Benjamin Schoos, featuring Laetitita Sadier, with a glorious hi-fi, jangly indie-pop song that, for me, marks the start of the summer (though produced by Schoos himself, not Monsieur Burgalat)



I've been digging deeper, and it seems Benjamin Schoos, aka Miam Monster Miam, is Belgian, and runs his own record label, Freaksville Record, out of Brussels. But more of interest is that his current album China Man Vs China Girl (Devo/Bowie references?) not only features Laetitia from Stereolab, but a pantheon of other French artistes including, Lio, Marie France, Alain Chamfort, and members of Telex

The label has some other tasty looking records out including an album by Jacques Duvall and Elisa Point, a couple of Marie France collaborations, and the intriguing looking Mademoiselle Nineteen (MAT/Godard ref. CHECK).

You can buy Benjamin Schoos and most of these other artistes via the Freaksville Record site.

No comments: